Tuesday, July 20, 2010

6/30 It's Not Me- Midweek Edtion.




This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week

It's Not Me- Midweek edition.

I do not ordinarily think the man who drives the ice cream truck around our neighborhood each summer night must be some kind of creep with no life. I have not thought this about him since the first time I heard his jingle bells ring to let all of the kids know that he was making his rounds.

He does not drive a tricked out revived from the junk yard ice cream truck. And, I do not secretly judge parents who give their kids money to have a face to face encounter with the ice cream man.

I do not listen to the ice cream jingle every night at 7:00 pm and make horrifically awful assumptions about a person I have never met.

Tonight, when I heard the familiar tune come rolling down the street I did not sprint into the bedroom and ask my husband if he wanted something.

He did not say "A Choco Taco please."

I did not scramble through the house, searching for loose change and dollar bills.

I was not so excited to see that I hadn't missed the ice cream man that I jumped up and down on our sidewalk and waved like some sort high school cheerleader.

When the ice cream man pulled over, I was not overcome with indecision about which ice cream bar to choose.

The ice cream man did not smile patiently at me while I searched and looked at each ice cream illustration, comparing and contrasting the Bomb Pop vs the one with the candy crunch center.

When I got back into the house, I did not realize I had no bra on.

I do not think the ice cream man is still creepy.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I actually giggled outloud at the high school cheerleader part.

    ReplyDelete