Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Malone's Lunch



A lot of moms I know are jumping on the Bento bandwagon. I think that's great- I'm all for moms doing whatever they need to do to get their kids to eat well. Malone has a Bento style lunch box for school mostly because I wanted the option for variety that the different compartments provide.

Here is Malone's lunch today.




The top small container has cut watermelon, the bottom small container has Trader Joe's Ginger Cats, and in the large container there are frozen peas (one of Malone's favorites), a piece of string cheese cut into thirds, and rosemary roasted chicken breast. He also has a yogurt.

Most days, 95% or more of his lunch is consumed. It would be much easier for me to make him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich everyday, but I'd rather him eat like this- well balanced and with a lot of variety!

No comments:

Post a Comment