Saturday, February 27, 2010

The (wo)man in the mirror.

I'm still here. Life has been beyond busy.

Malone was born the day before Michael Jackson died. I spent my recovery in the hospital with 24/7 news coverage on ALL four television channels.

I like MJ as much as the next person, but the pain of the coverage was almost as intense as the pushing stage of labor.

But I've been thinking about him a lot lately.

I'm making small changes to my lifestyle. I don't want to, but the changes are in the best interest of Malone. I tried once before (see Baby Steps post) but didn't get very far.

However, I've been making a concentrated effort to enable Malone to sleep better. I've been living and dying by his nap schedule which means we've had to miss out on some things I like to attend with Malone (story time at the library, play group with babies our age, going to the play center, etc).

At this age, these events are still really more about the socialization I get from meeting with other moms but I know that he has been happier because he's sleeping more.

I've learned that Malone has better days when he can wake up between 6:15-6:30 am. So, I've started setting an alarm to make sure that we're both up. Otherwise, if he wakes up past 7:00 am our whole day is funky.

Finally, I'm on day two of no coffee/caffeine. It is such a double edge sword. I've been drinking several cups to get me through the earlier wake up time but I'm realizing the extra caffeine is effecting his ability to get quality sleep. Yesterday was rough. Today is better. I'm drinking water like it's going out of style.

The song Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson has been replaying over and over again in my head.


I'm Starting With The Man In

The Mirror


I'm Asking Him To Change


His Ways


And No Message Could Have


Been Any Clearer


If You Wanna Make The World


A Better Place


Take A Look At Yourself, And


Then Make A Change

No comments:

Post a Comment