Friday, April 23, 2010

Today.

Today was one of those days that challenged me to my very core.

Today, I do not love 3 days post banana consuming poo explosion.
Today, I do not love the fact that my kid must play with his penis at every diaper change including the above poo explosion.
Today, I do not love this headache I have now had for 2 days.

Today, I had to work extra hard to be the mother I want to be- to be loving, sympathetic, nurturing, kind, and positive.
Today, for a little while I longed for the days when Mike and I were D.I.N.K.S. (DUAL INCOME NO KIDS).

Today, a baby boy looked at me. And it was like a little mini mirror staring back at me.
Today, a baby boy made faces at me and laughed while Daddy told bedtime stories.
Today, a baby boy crawled from across the room and reached up for me.

Today, I am so thankful to be a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment