Friday, March 26, 2010

Yesterday.

I meant to post this yesterday, but life is SO busy right now. In fact dear readers, please accept my apologies for not keeping up on this blog. Blogging is in my self care plan and right now life is triple booked and a hot (but fun) mess.

Yesterday was a big day in our house. I celebrated as Malone turned 39 weeks and 1 day old. He has now been an outside person for as long as carried him. I thought it would be emotional, that the day would be full of tears and reflection but it wasn't.

Instead it was a day full of chasing Malone around as he crawled, pulled up on things, and general got into mischief. We took a lovely 2 hour nap together in the morning and then went to Costco where he sat in the cart, happily shopping along. He smiled at the old ladies and had to investigate every item I put into the cart- he even sampled a little spinach dip. At dinner time he ate fist fulls of rotisserie chicken and a few strawberries in the mesh feeder. At bedtime he happily sang along in his own baby language to Twinkle Twinkle. He went down around 6:30 woke to nurse at 11:00 and then slept again until almost 4:00 am. The second stretch is by far the longest one we've had to date. At 4:00 he came into bed with us and babbled himself back to sleep.

It seems like these days he's hitting milestone after milestone. It's amazing to think that he has grown from a little tiny spec smaller than a pin drop to this little boy that we have today. During pregnancy I remember counting the weeks go by, reading the emails about his development in utero and wondering who he was going to look like. Right now, in this very moment, he looks just like my Uncle Jeff but often, I see my mom in him.

After he was born, I found myself still reading the weekly developmental emails, worrying if he was on target or not. I don't know when I stopped reading those emails, but I know I haven't for awhile. I simply do not have the time anymore! I compare Malone to all of his little other baby friends and for the most part he seems on target with his peers. The funny thing about babies is that they all are so different.

I'm not sure what the next 39 weeks and 1 day will have in store. But I look forward to it. Having Malone has changed my life in ways I didn't even know were possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment